<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9619367\x26blogName\x3dTalkingDonkeys\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://talkingdonkeys.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://talkingdonkeys.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3978450256514867916', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

"I Believe"

From the blog Cheaper than Therapy this confession is great, read the whole thing. The ones that jumped out at me included:

  • I believe the Bible says exactly what God wanted it to say. No more. No less.
  • I believe that what we usually think is the point when we read the Bible is usually not the point.
  • I think apologetics is overrated.
  • I think apologizing is underrated.
  • I believe the kingdom of God is greatly misunderstood.
  • I believe Christ is the hope for the world (not democracy, capitalism or the USA).
  • I believe most seeker sensitive "come and we will give you a free gift and practical message" churches practice a shallow form of Christianity.
  • I believe the Anabaptists were on to something.
    I believe George W. Bush is a Christian.
  • I believe Bill Clinton is a Christian.
  • I believe the 24 second shot clock is the single greatest sports innovation in the past half century.
  • I believe that teaching my children to be kind, compassionate followers of Jesus is the single best thing I can do for them.
  • I believe that spending an inordinate amount of time with my family is better that making much money for my family.
  • I believe that Belgian Trappist Monks make the best beer in the world (and to the Glory of God).
  • I believe that Jesus Christ and the disciples drank alcohol. And so did the Pilgrims, Puritans and Martin Luther.
  • I believe certainty is overrated.
  • I believe fidelity is underrated.
  • I believe security is overrated.
  • I believe that fear is dangerous to the Christian faith.
  • I believe American Foreign policy had something to do with 9-11.
  • I believe the terrorists hate us for our relationship with Israel and presence in their Holy Land of Saudi Arabia more than they do for our freedom.
  • I believe Christ's freedom and America's freedom have nothing to do with each other.
  • I believe Patriotism and Nationalism are idolatry.
  • I believe the United States is a very good place to live and a wonderful country.
  • I believe that other countries are good places to live and wonderful countries.
  • I believe that my theology and worldview cannot fit on a bumper sticker.
  • I believe that the church's duty is to protect and stand for the rights of everyone.
  • I believe the church should speak for those that are unable to speak for themselves.
  • I believe there is hope for my denomination.
  • I believe that Christians should renounce violence and embrace peace-making as a way of life.
  • I believe everyone preaches against situational ethics, but everyone practices situational ethics.
  • I believe I am wrong more often than I am right.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment Permalink