<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9619367\x26blogName\x3dTalkingDonkeys\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://talkingdonkeys.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://talkingdonkeys.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3978450256514867916', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

"Speak Up, Be Proud and Change the World"

Blog or WebsiteHere is an older posting from Amy Sullivan from about a year ago, that somehow I missed back then to my detriment. It's pretty great. Read the whole post, but this is a good taste of it:

"One month ago, when I was home in Michigan with my parents, I returned to the Baptist Church where I spent my childhood. I hadn't been back in ten years and was feeling a bit ashamed, thinking that perhaps I had been too hard on the Baptists. Sitting in the pew that still bears the remnants of some Silly Putty that got loose from me during a service twenty-five years ago, I sang and prayed and listened with people who are my second family. And then, in the middle of an otherwise perfectly fine sermon, the pastor declared that it wasn't possible to be a good Christian and be a Democrat.

And I remembered why I left.

It is really a horrible feeling to be told that you are an unfit person of faith because of your political views. And it is equally disturbing to be told that your ability to participate in political dialogue is suspect because of your religious views. If I have done nothing else, I hope I have acted as a voice for those who embrace progressive politics because of, and not despite, their faith. You are not alone. Speak up, be proud, and change the world."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment Permalink